Wednesday 24 March 2010

Year list sores to 75!

A trip to the island of Gressholmen in the Oslofjord this morning added a few new species to an ever growing year list. I had hoped for even more but winter has still a grip on the Oslo area and the inter-tidal area where I had hoped to pick up a few waders was covered in ice and most of the island was still under snow. However spring was represented by 5 Skylark flying over, 15 Shelduck, a lone Canada Goose, Lesser Black Backed Gull, summer plumaged Black Headed Gull, a still winter plumaged Great Crested Greve and singing Chaffinches. Winter was represented by 7 Waxwings feeding on rose hips.

The first Crane of the year was reported in the Oslo area today which just gives me even more reason to be out in the field. I just know I will find some good migrants this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment