Friday 19 November 2010

Maridalen in the cold

It is under -5 ceclcius at the moment and forecast to go below -10 next week but without any significant snow. I drove around Maridalen this morning hoping for something exciting (maybe Pine Grosbeak - I am ever hopefull). The lake now has ice round the edges but less than I expected probably as a result of fresh winds keeping the water moving.
3 Cormorants and a Goldeneye were to be expected but a Great Crested Grebe was definitely not. This is only my second record on the lake and a november record is unusual anywhere around Oslo. 4 Whooper Swans flew over heading south and in fields I had 60 Yellowhammer and 40 Tree Sparrows still managing to find some food.
I also had these3 Roe Deer:

1 comment:

  1. Maridalen seems to be nice territory to visit as a birder!

    ReplyDelete