Monday 21 February 2011

New Camera

Last week I finally invested in a digital SLR after having previously used a compact camera with a 10X zoom. I've bought a Canon 550D and presently limited my investment in a lens to a Sigma 70-300mm but if I get the hang of things I'll probably buy a good quality 400mm. The improvement in quality of my pictures though is already quite dramatic and here are a few I took today.

Tree Sparrow


Jay


Great Tit


Blue Tit

This inquisitive Roe Deer approached me (picture taken through windowscreen)
Otherwise I saw a Chaffinch, Redpoll, a couple of Yellowhammers, Crested Tit and an Elk.

1 comment:

  1. Haywards Heath Birder21 February 2011 at 22:31

    Much improved photos. Puts you in the top 10 world-wide birding blogs.

    Any chance of snapping that alleged Glaucous Gull through your new kit?

    ReplyDelete