Sunday 18 March 2012

Weekend birding (or lack of)

Weekends are devoted to the family with little chance for birding however cycling around Fornebu met with approval on both Saturday and Sunday so allowed me to get in some low intensity birding. Pick of the birds was my first Curlew of the year which flew in from the south calling and then seemed to not like what it saw and turned back. We also around 50 Whooper Swans in four flocks making their way NE. Whilst gardening i also had my first local Hawfinch of the year. On Saturday the annual spring flock of Bean Geese that passes through Akershus was reported with 90 birds seen. I decided I would go to see them on Monday and that plan has now been confirmed with the news that there are now 175 Bean Geese and best of all 3 Bewick's Swans.

No comments:

Post a Comment