Thursday 27 September 2012

Returning to normality


After the excitement of 6 days on Værøy it will be a while before birding around Oslo feels exciting again……
However a message from Kjetil J regarding a pipit he had heard at Fornebu that wasn’t quite right for Tree Pipit (trepiplerke) got the pulse up but unfortunately neither he or I could relocate the bird. Fornebu did have quite a few birds though (far more than my marathon sessions on Værøy gave me) but nothing from the east (or the west come to that). Still Chiffchaffs (gransanger) and Blackcaps (munk) in the bushes and a single Reed Warbler (rørsanger) in one of the reedbeds is getting to be late. A Lesser Spotted Woodpecker was probably the best bird I had.
A drive round Maridalen was intended to produce my first Great Grey Shrike (varsler) of the autumn but looks like I’ll have to wait on that score. Still two Black-throated Divers (storlom) and a single Guillemot (lomvi) on the lake is a sign of good numbers of small fish.
This Nutcracker (nøttekråke) provided the only picture of note today.

Nutcracker

No comments:

Post a Comment