Monday 5 October 2015

All quiet on the Oslo front

A little bit of birding today in fantastic autumn light and landscapes gave few birds. Five flocks of Pink-footed Geese heading south had me thinking that a large passage was taking place but it fizzled out. At Fornebu there were a handful of Chiffchaffs, a single Swallow and 5 Lapwings as the only remaining summer visitors and in Maridalen the Whooper Swan family was still in residence by their nest site. The young must take their first flight soon and I still have concerns as to how they will cope as they will have to take off from a field and I am sure that it is normal that they normally practice on lakes where they can take long run ups and crash land relatively safely.
I stumbled upon this snipe and before I saw the bill had hoped it was going to be less than Common

these were the only wing bars I saw today - Siskin (grønnsisik)

the young Whooper Swans (sangsvane) in Maridalen are fully grown but have yet to take their first flight

And a little highlights video from Mallorca:






 

No comments:

Post a Comment